PAYE is complex. Commercial payroll bureaux charge about £5.00 per payslip, which is £60 a year per salaried employee. Normally it is not economic for a small organisation to train its staff up to do PAYE and keep them up-to-date with tax changes.
We encourage organisations to use payroll bureaux. Groups in London can phone us or send an email to receive a list: CASH 020 8969 0747; Fax: 020 8960 8926.
Please also note that there is an Revenue & Customs (08457 143 143) and information is available on their website
The factsheet is designed for people who are already operating PAYE and so does not explain technical terms.
- Working and child tax credits.
- Right to work flexible hours.
- National minimum wage.
- Income tax personal and age related allowances.
- Tax code changes.
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) – Thresholds.
- Tax rates.
- Statutory Sick Pay.
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP).
- Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP).
- Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP).
- Funding of SMP/SPP/SAP.
- Mileage Payments.
Last updated: Wed, May 5 2010 - 11:49:24 AM
Help us improve CASH-ONLINE
Please help us by completing our quick, two minute survey. You will enable us to improve this site and help our fundraising.